Merchant Affiliate Program

Support Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:42 pm 

Hello,

I've been struggling for some time to get registry code to work with my stores on line site. I've set up a separate page for the registry at
www.welcomebabygifts.com.

I've gone round and round with support at Stores On Line, but have not gotten a helpful response.

Perhaps some one on this forum could take a look at the code and provide some information as to why the gift list code does not work on my site.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Did you try the Generic Shopping Cart code?

http://www.mygiftlist.com/affiliates/kb ... c.php?t=18

Try adding it to the HTML template for your product pages next to the Add to Cart button if possible.

You will only be able to drop the name of the gift and the page to purchase from into the gift registry because the price and the description are not specified as input field variables in the form on your product pages.

I am assuming that you can't change the code that creates your pages.

What is the URL of the software you are using for a your shopping cart so I can check that out?

Post subject: Thanks for reply
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:45 am 

I guess I'm not following your response. I set up a page on my site, www.welcomebabygifts.com, using the code copied from the Level 3 setup. This code (which works when pasted directly into notepad) as I understand it, allows someone to establish a gift list, and allows others to see the items on the gift list. If I'm wrong about this, please let me know.

I have not yet added the "add to gift list" links on my product pages because I didn't want to go to that much trouble when I couldn't get the other part to work.

The Storesonline web site and cart allow the pages to be updated by alterning the html in a page template. That's how I was able to paste the gift list code into the registry page on my site.

Any additional information will be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Documenting solution
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Phil,

As we discussed on the phone, the solution was to make sure that all <form> tags were closed with </form> tags in your HTML code before the section where you placed the MyGiftList code. You can not nest <form> tags in HTML.

I just wanted to document the solution for others.

Regards,
Brian